Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Identify status of completed activity in report

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Identify status of completed activity in report

Is there a way to filter activities by completed status (e.g. attended / not attended for meetings) or to show the completed status in the report?  I don't need to do this often. I think I managed to cobble something together previously, but I'm unable to repeat it.

I updated to ACT! V20 to see it that made it easier / more obvious, but the "refreshed reports" don't seem any different from earlier versions.

Thanks

Mike 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author 5circles
a week ago
Administrator

Re: Identify status of completed activity in report

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding what you're looking for here?

The default result types for meeting are already "Meeting Held" and "Meeting Not Held" (see below) - so when a meeting activity is cleared, a history of type "Meeting Held" or "Meeting Not Held" will be created. You see whether the meeting was held or not by looking at the histories of the contacts involved.

Act!_2018-04-12_10-58-56.png

If you want to see a 'list' of histories sorted by date - you could use the history list section of Act! From here you can filter down the types so you're only looking at meetings (for example), and you can sort these by date if desired.

Act!_2018-04-12_11-05-16.png

With regards to creating new result types, I was actually a little mistaken - it's possible to create completely new activity types (Schedule > Manage > Activity Types) such as you might have "Development Meeting" which has custom result types "Product Approved", "On hold","Product Launch" etc.

But it's not possible to edit or add to the default activity type results (Meeting, Call, Todo), that was my mistake sorry. However, you could always create a new custom activity type that fills the same role, and you're able to create custom result types for that.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

You can't filter activities on the result - but you can create a report of the histories created from activities? Could this be what you're looking for?
Copper Contributor

I'd like to see a report containing Meetings Not Held (and other activities not completed) as well as Meetings Held.  I can't figure out how to do that. 

Unless I'm totally dreaming (and I might be), there used to be a way to see on the calendar whether a meeting or appointment was Done, or Not.  The only thing I can see is whether the activity is Cleared (strikethrough) or Not Cleared.  View Details (which I don't remember from versions a while back) is only available for Uncleared activities.   If I double click on a Cleared activity ACT asks if I want to unclear it - that's no help.

I would be happy just using the calendar as long as there is a way to distinguish between Cleared Done and Cleared Not Done.

Administrator

When you clear an activity it is crossed-off as you've said - and a History entry is created for that activity.

What this means is that 'open' or uncleared activities will be in an Activity report, and cleared activities will be in a History report.

Just to clarify what you mean when you say "Cleared Done" vs "Cleared Not Done", do you mean a "Call X" activity could be 'cleared done' when the call is made and the customer is spoken with, 'cleared not done' if you made the call but were unable to reach the customer, and 'not cleared' when the call has yet to be made?

In these cases when you clear an activity, you're given the option to fill in the 'Result' of that activity, this creates the History Type - for example, a call history can have the result type of Call Attempted, Call Completed, Call Received and Call Left Message by default.

You can customise these result types, by adding more or editing existing types too.

When reporting on these, you'd be looking at History Reports to see which calls have been made - and the results of those calls (Completed, Attempted, Left Message). To report on which calls have yet to be made, you'd be looking at Activity reports.

The most comprehensive Histories default report would be the Notes/Histories report (when running you can remove notes from the 'Notes' tab to show only histories) - for Activities you could use the 'Activities' report. The 'Contact Report' already contains all of these sections - you'd just need to remove Notes and Opportunities and you'd be left with a list of Actvities and Histories for each contact.

If you'd like to customise reports to be more relevant to your purpose, you can find info on doing this here:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14022

Hope this is helpful
Copper Contributor

Thanks Jon.  You've added a little more background, but I don't think I'm quite there yet.  [I might take another look at custom reports, but it's been a while and I was always frustrated by what I was able to achieve.]

To make this simpler, let's stick to Meetings and Appointments.  I want to be able to see whether a meeting was held or not held - without rescheduling.  Clearing without being able to see what the result was isn't as helpful.  Reporting would be better sorted by date than by Contact.  But your comments about the existing reports give me some reason to dig in further.

Can you explain how to add to the result types?  I'm having a tough time finding how to add Meeting Not Attended - which would help for some standing meetings.

Mike

Solution
Accepted by topic author 5circles
a week ago
Administrator

Perhaps I'm not quite understanding what you're looking for here?

The default result types for meeting are already "Meeting Held" and "Meeting Not Held" (see below) - so when a meeting activity is cleared, a history of type "Meeting Held" or "Meeting Not Held" will be created. You see whether the meeting was held or not by looking at the histories of the contacts involved.

Act!_2018-04-12_10-58-56.png

If you want to see a 'list' of histories sorted by date - you could use the history list section of Act! From here you can filter down the types so you're only looking at meetings (for example), and you can sort these by date if desired.

Act!_2018-04-12_11-05-16.png

With regards to creating new result types, I was actually a little mistaken - it's possible to create completely new activity types (Schedule > Manage > Activity Types) such as you might have "Development Meeting" which has custom result types "Product Approved", "On hold","Product Launch" etc.

But it's not possible to edit or add to the default activity type results (Meeting, Call, Todo), that was my mistake sorry. However, you could always create a new custom activity type that fills the same role, and you're able to create custom result types for that.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the additional information.  The History List view may have been what I used before.  I didn't go there this time until you pointed it out, but it looks like it will do what I need with minimum manual review.

Thanks also for clarifying that I can't change the options for built-in activities.  That's a shame, but better to know rather than keep going on a wild goose chase.  I'm not sure if I'll add an activity type, but at least I know it can be done.

Mike