Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

INstalling act2010sp1us_update HF1 Problem

Copper Contributor

INstalling act2010sp1us_update HF1 Problem

Trying to install  ACT 2010 SP1 US update HF1 but I keep getting an error that reads "there is not enough space on drive c:\ to extract this package, please free up 289.65 mb and click retry". I have 548gb left in my hard drive! I am only using 35.9gb. please help. I am runing a Hp quad core 3.20ghz with 8.00gb ram. Using act! premium 2010 version 12.0.409.0 hot fix 4.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: INstalling act2010sp1us_update HF1 Problem

Hello Hugo.Martin,

I'm sory to hear about the difficulty you are having applying the ACT! 2010 SP1 update. This error is a compression error that can result if your available hard drive space is a multiple of 4. To correct this, delete all the files that you can from the following directories:

C:\Windows\Prefetch

C:\Windows\temp

Then go to your Start menu, choose Run (Windows XP) or in the Search box (Windows Vista/ Windows 7) and type %temp%. This takes you to your local temp files. Delete all files in here that you can. Then empty your Recycle Bin, reboot and try again. If this does not resolve, you will need to move some files from your C: drive to and external or flash drive so that your available hard drive space is no longer a multiple of 4. After the install is successful, you can move those files back to your hard drive.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

This has got to be a joke.  Are you people really not planning to fix this? 

So I REALLY have to wait until my available hard drive space is not a mutliple of 4 to run your update.  

Please tell me that this is not a critical update. 

Hello Jason_User,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Unfortunately, this is an issue with the WinZip Extractor, not with our update. This issue does not happen very often, but when it does, the workaround I described in my original post should work for you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

[Edit: Content removed. Please post courteously] 

This is a place to request help for FREE!! from Sage or other users.

The least you could have done is gives THANKS for a quick response and solution you can move forward with.

If you have an issue, feature request then post it in the Share Your Ideas and see how many others click on Posts Kudos! Yellow Box w/ Star to make an effective attention getter.

Of course they have bugs or issues -  what product does not? At least you have a workaround.  If you don't like it, fork out a ton of cash and time in the higher end CRM. 

JM

Message Edited by ghollister on 04-23-2010 07:53 AM

Great,

Thanks for the heads up.

This may be an old posting, but it worked out GREAT for me. I was totally confused by the out-of-space error message, since almost 75% of my C: drive was empty. Thanks for keeping me away from the Tylenol bottle!
Nickel Contributor

Greg hinted at the solution in identifying the problem with Winzip. If you right click on the Hotfix/sp file, and select "extract files", you can unpack the entire setup package into one directory and run it from there. This works for ACT! 2010 and ACT 2011 SP/HF files.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

I do not see this issue as a WINZIP issue. If the fix is just remove the items from TEMP folder, then it is NOT winzip issue. It is in fact an ACT issue placing files in the temp folder and they become corrupted or unable to access them.

Hello browland,
This is in fact a WinZip issue. We suggest deleting items from the temp folder to change the available space on the drive. The only reason we suggest that folder is because the contents can be safely deleted. You can delete files from anywhere on your hard drive to change the available space, but I'm sure you would not want to do this by deleting your documents, pictures, or data files.

Greig Hollister