Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IE 11 issues

IE 11 issues

Folks,

I have a client that uses Act 17 Premium Web.  I recently did an upgrade from v16 to v17.  After a number of complaints about many issues, I decided to do a complete reinstall onto a different 2012R2 Standard VM - strictly vanilla, fully patched, using a downloaded latest edition of Act Premium/Web as of about 7 days ago.

At this point the problems have gotten worse.  What I can recreate is when using IE 11, (all clients are Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, fully patched) the user goes to create a new contact - he can enter all the information he wants but as soon as he chooses the State, he can't enter any further data into the fields.

Firefox and Chrome appears to work properly - it's just IE11.

Thoughts?  I've recreated this on 5 different PC's, Act logon accounts, etc.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: IE 11 issues

If you do a Help | About from the menu and you don't get 17.2.x.x I would try installing service pack 2 and see if that helps.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Silver Super Contributor

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Yes. I know the deal with Compatibility mode needing to be used with earlier versions and it not with v17. 

Done the "trusted" deal on/off.

This client has used Act for well over 10 years.  I'm not a newbie with supporting it.  Not to be rude, just had to mention that.

Thanks for your help.

Silver Super Contributor

No problem.  I haven't heard of the problem you are having and I would have expected to have heard of it.  It's possible that your client just has a problem with their State drop down list.  Test with the Act17Demo database and see if you still have the problem.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

It maybe that something changed in the data on conversion to ACT V17.2 but admit odd it only gives IE a problem. (BTW I always run ACT for WEB in compatability mode as it helps with updates etc.)

I know this sounds mad but try unlinking the state drop-down and if it is a required field also change that while you test.