Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I want to create ONE activity with multiple user attendees and no invites

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I want to create ONE activity with multiple user attendees and no invites

Act Premium v21, installed on Windows 10, shared database.

Every time I create an activity and add attendees Act creates a separate activity for each user even though I do not have that box checked off.

Example: we had an internal meeting today with 5 attendees.  I had to clear it 5 times off the calendar.  Isn't there a way to create a single activity with multiple contacts? 

Also, it's sending an invitation to every user through Act even though I didn't ask it to do that.  When you click the activity it has "Accept" "Tentative" "Decline" - we don't want that either and I can't seem to find a setting to turn that off either.  Act support has been no help -

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: I want to create ONE activity with multiple user attendees and no invites

Go to Tools - Preferences - Calendar and Activities. Now select Activity preferences. Is create separate Activity Ticked? If so un-tick. Now click OK.

Now go again to Tools - Preferences - Email and Outlook Sync - Run the Email System setup Wizard and look at screen 8 of 9 Activity Invitation, make sure sending invitations is not selected.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the suggestions but that's how my settings are (see attached snips).  I have a feeling there's no way of doing this, and that really stinks.  Who wants to clear a meeting as many times as there are attendees?

Also, it's not sending invites through Outlook, it's sending little tiny invitations in Act that no one sees at the bottom right hand corner.  Even if they're accepted though, it's still creating separate activities for each user.  I'm at a loss.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I should have read your question properly first, What I suggested is correct for contacts but not users.

As users all have to-do-lists etc it is this area it populated so they are created as individual activities.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Wow - so one internal meeting with all ten employees turns into ten separate activities?  That stinks.

Does anyone know of any workarounds?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

If you highlight them all in Task List and right click you can clear multiple activities in 1 go.