Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I want APFW to be the root of my web page

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

I want APFW to be the root of my web page

I don't want my users to have to type https://act.contoso.com/APFW

Has anyone had any success setting it up with just https://act.contoso.com? Any advice would be appreciated.

Support stated that this configuration is not something they will support

I have tried just changing the physical path of the default webpage but I am unable to assign a database to the page.

I have tried to use the HTTPRedirect module, but I could not figure out how to get the intended result.

Act! Premium (Web) Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2

Database on Server2012 R2

IIS 7.5 moved to a dedicated windows 7 box because ACT was not playing nice with our newly installed exchange server.

We have a seperate public IP for APFW and we use a pfsense appliance

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohnInFlorida
‎02-25-2016 08:52 AM

Re: I want APFW to be the root of my web page

In my version of IIS (7.5) the default document setting was under IIS, instead of HTTP features. I went and made a default web page like wellmet described, but I could not figure out how I was to make that redirect to a subdirectory.

I was however, finally able to get my HTTP redirect module to work as intended with the below settings. I was racking my brain yesterday and probably forgot to refresh the page to make sure there was nothing cached in my test browser. It's amazing what a night of sleep can do.

act snip.JPG

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Super Contributor

This tip looks like it might do what you want to do.  I haven't tried it with APFW but I suspect it will work fine.

https://www.site5.com/blog/apache/htaccess/redirect-to-blog/

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Will this work in IIS? This looks Apache specific.

Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It would probably work in IIS but you can also just set your default startup page in IIS.

Administrative Tools-> IIS Manager -> You Server Name -> Your site name -> Under HTTP features -> Default document -> Add MyDefaultPage.aspx

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author JohnInFlorida
‎02-25-2016 08:52 AM

In my version of IIS (7.5) the default document setting was under IIS, instead of HTTP features. I went and made a default web page like wellmet described, but I could not figure out how I was to make that redirect to a subdirectory.

I was however, finally able to get my HTTP redirect module to work as intended with the below settings. I was racking my brain yesterday and probably forgot to refresh the page to make sure there was nothing cached in my test browser. It's amazing what a night of sleep can do.

act snip.JPG

Silver Super Contributor

Glad you got it working.  Your solution will be helpful to other people that want to do the same thing.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com