Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I need some help

Copper Contributor

I need some help

A while ago I demo -ed an ACT addon for an accounting package and it simply didn't work.. I unistalled it but I have found that it has left a tables behind which now interfere with my Durkin Toolkit addon. It really is a pain and I would like to delete those custom tables which were left on my DB. Does anyone know how I can do this without destroying my db. I have googled etc and have had no success. I have emailed the people who provided the demo and have never heard back from them.

I am being diplomatic here as to who they are. I really woudl appreciate it if someone coudl lead me to a solution to this problem otherwise it will be hours of work to rectify an issue I should have never gotten into the first place.

No more demos for me.

And for those who will ask the obvious - yes I did have backups and still do but a lot has changed since and I was told the tables woudl not be a problem. Now they are and it is really very upsetting.

Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated.

Nickel Contributor

Re: I need some help

Many of our ACC's @ Act Today in Australia have tools to remove unwanted custom tables. This is something you could contact an ACC in your region about http://www.acttoday.com.au/content_common/pg-find-a-consultant.seo
They can log in remotely and remove these tables for you. Please note, there would be fees for their time to do this.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand
Bronze Elite Contributor

Matthew

At Xact Software, as developers of ACT! accounting links for QuickBooks, MYOB and Xero, we produce accounting link versions for Australia and NZ. Our software doesn't add custom tables to ACT! as in our view that isn't the best way to integrate to accounting refer  Accounting Links for ACT!   

Having said that, it may be that you installed a trial version of software that isn't compatible with the version of the accounting software you have in Australia. What software did you trial?    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Thank you for the prompt repleis. I will contact the ACT Today people to sort thisout. The Quickbooks link I used which caused the problem to start with never made it to market. It was a beta which I tested for someone. I would rather not mention names. I was assured ti woudl be easy to instalkl and uninstall. I did my backups etc before using it but when I went to unistall it because it didn't work I didn't realise that thetables remained. Durkin Toolkit cannot deal with them well and they cannot be deleted through durking toolkit (Impact Business Suite). Hence I have a problem!

I did email the people who wrote the beta and asked them if they woudl remove it for me and I never recieved a reply so it is either work towards restrogint eh databse from a backup or fix the problem by deleting the tables.

Thank you for all your help and Grame I use your quickbooks link now and it works fine.

Regards

Matthew

Bronze Elite Contributor

Often in beta releases of software not enough attention is given to clean uninstall process which isn't helpful. Good to hear our link for QB is working fine for you, looks like your on the right path now.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog