Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I need help on mining data from reports...

I need help on mining data from reports...

Hello!  I use ACT 2008 with 13 users on a server, accessing it via gotomypc for those who travel.

I would like to be able to pull a report to show the number of contacts made per salesperson over a given time period.  For example, if I have a goal of 500 contacts per salesperson per month, I want to be able to pull quickly how many contacts were made during the previous month.

If I could create a report with some type of formula to count "last reach" or "last e-mail" over a time period, I could do it, I think.

ACT Corporate EDGE Support suggested asking here, and looking into Topline Desingers for an add on? 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: I need help on mining data from reports...

I assume you don't mean new contacts... but how many times they contacted a Contact? :-)

This would be History items. Many options, depending on what you need... the counts may or may not do. Might even be able to create in the ACT! Dashboard...

If so, do you want to include:

• Calls - Completed (made by staff), Received (inconing) - how about Attempted (made by staff, but didn't connect)?
  • Meetings - Completed only?
  • Do you want To-Dos included (prepared something for a contact?
  • Any custom activity types?
  • Email - as you said. Only out going, or received as well?
  • Do you count multiple connects with same contact - eg a call, then a follow up email?

Do you want the different types itemised?
Also - do you just want to see the info or use it in Excel or similar?

Are the activities pre-created or are they just using Ctrl-H to generate history?

Are they primarily doing tele-sales? 

Mike,

Thanks so much for your response; yes, I do mean how many times our salespeople contact a customer.  Thanks for the clarification!

I would love to include all the following from your list; I would love to itemize, I would love to export to Excel, they are using CTRL-h to generate history as it goes primarly; we are using the follow up feature, but sometimes entering the data into the follow up window, and sometimes creating a new history.

And yes, I am talking 100% telesales.  At this point in our company's business, I don't have a need to track the in-person sales.

Thanks so much for your help - I can't wait to hear back...

Billy

I'll have a look tomorrow at some options.

In the meantime, if you have a TAPI phone system, you should look at itDial - http://www.glcomputing.com.au/main/56/1

Makes it easier to call through a list and automates the history entries and even time the calls... it also does some reports, but limited to the calls.

If you thenprevent editing the History, you can see if someone is padding their work - the Durations in Ctrl-H don't go to seconds like with itDial :-)

Thanks Mike - I look forward to hearing your options and working further with you...

Mike - any direction you can point me on how to get the reporting you mentioned earlier? I'm anxious to learn how to do this! Thanks so much! Billy

How close is the History Summary Classic report to what you want. Look at report format, not the specific items tracked.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I'd still recommend itDial for better tracking of the calls...

If the ACT! report Roy suggested isn't enough, you might try Stonefield Query