Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I have a problem when I want to import data from another ACT databases!

I have a problem when I want to import data from another ACT databases!

Hi Act team,

I need your help for a problem about Act databases.
I have two main databases and I want to join the information in only one, because these have the Publisher role.

The size of these are 900 MB and to 1 GB
When I try to apply the exporting process with companies and opportunities records it was Ok, but when I try to apply the exporting process with contacts and groups, this process has been complete about 70% and then the software stop and leave to work. It has a duration of 10 hours, then I have to kill the processe of Act.

When I was reviewing the information, it was incomplete, I have a considerable data loss.
Please give me some advice about the best practice to data import.

In advance, thank you for your help.

Employee

Re: I have a problem when I want to import data from another ACT databases!

Hi

Please first take a backup of the database and then my suggestion would be you can creates new database and start importing the other two databases into the new database.

Now there are things we need to check before the above step, like the number of users in both databases, do they have any custom fields etc..

Check this article below for best practise on import
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17539/kw/Import

Hi Act Team,

Let me to do some test with this possible solution, and then I will give you some comments.

Hi Act Team,

I have a questions, currently I have a total of 18,500 records, I wonder if I can split the database, because when I try to export information, a slight amount of information is lost, and complete fails to copy. I await your prompt help.

Employee

Hi
The data's are stored in tables and hence splitting is close to impossible and hence my suggestion would be same as the previous comment!

Create a new database and then login into the database you want to split and then lookup the contacts and then export them.

Now i do understand you said there is a information lost, but mostly while exporting to a new database there wouldnt be that much problem.

If I export all records (19500) to a new database, no problems arise during the process? Because it is a large database.
What would be the features of the PC for export without any problem, I welcome your comments. Thank you for your help.

Employee

Hi

The process would be fine. To speed up the process since it might take longer time or to ensure it is done correctly without any fail.

My recommendation would be like split up 19500 into 3 and export it batch by batch so the process would be little faster and wnt have problem and even if it does we will know which batch failed and we can redo it.

Thank you

I was doing this process, through contacts lookup, then exported this group from the Current lookup option. After this process, there is a slight amount of lost contacts, and when I export groups, this can not be exported through the option current lookup, you can only make the export of all groups or only one, ie if I want export a specific group that does not copy the first time, I can not do it and that information is lost. Your help please.

Employee

Hi,

You can right click a group and create lookup and try to export the group contacts!