Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I am registered to Act pro V17. When I reisntall V17, I cant do that as ACt says I cant get log on numbers anymore.

I am registered to Act pro V17. When I reisntall V17, I cant do that as ACt says I cant get log on numbers anymore.

What is solution, beside paying ransom money to V 21?

I have purchase and got V16 serial & activation code and V17 serial numbers.

Isnt that wrong for ACct not to support my V17 anymore?  

thanks for your help 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: I am registered to Act pro V17. When I reisntall V17, I cant do that as ACt says I cant get log on numbers anymore.

Hi,

as any company swiftpage can only work (update)  on a limited amount of retired Versions. this link https://www.mondocrm.com/act-license-service-discontinued-for-act-v17-v16-2013-2012-2011-2010-2009-2... explains  what versions are supported and what versions are not.. 

in any case.. act17 is no more supporting windows 10 due to the recent changes of Microsoft,  we just recived a bunch of calls from Act! 17 and below customers, beeing upset about this, but how could Act! developer in 2016 know what Microsoft will do in 2019

same with Office 2013, Office2016, Office365 and office19..

i totaly understand and agree that this is not a good solution, but if you are working with act on a professional level, you will probably want act to record, create mails, Word-Templates, etc... so updating to a current Act! version is the way to get the integrations working again. 

Regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34

Re: I am registered to Act pro V17. When I reisntall V17, I cant do that as ACt says I cant get log on numbers anymore.

thanks for your reply

What Act  has done is SOOO WRONG.  custoerms buy a paid software and they are expected to use it as long as they want. It is so incedible that you buy and then they ell you cant use it anymore. the purhchase was not done on susbscription basis AT ALL..  Act company must do what they can to bring older Version , in my case V17, to V18 at the minnimum at little cost or no cost. 

My needs are very very simple. Just contacts and some notes, nothing close to professionals requirements. less than 100 contacts are active. Few entries a day.   None  of the updates are used at all. Act company must realise, their many users  are nNOT heavy users, reuqiring all the new features.     Even V6 is much more than enough for me, a version that I used for along time.    I was forced to to go to V16 & 17  paying hundreds$.  support is not needed except for software flaws. There wereflaws  in V16m not in V6, causing unacceptable problems. 

Your points/problems  on future version, windows are right too.  Act company must be mindful of the problems. What does it take for the cost of a download to them. Nothing. they have to gain revneue from more sles, from high dollar charge and get bad feedbacks as Act is getting here right now. 

If I had known about these problems, I would not have used Act.

I understand t is the fault of the Act company in USA

18 Jul 2019

Copper Elite Contributor

swiftpage, the owner of Act, did Take over Act including the Contract, made by SAGE, this contract stated that the company providing the Licenceing service must give a short advise if the service is discontinued. The Company offering the Service was purchased by a other company 2017. and the new owner  of the Licenceing service did look at everything he purchased and decided to sunset some services... so it is not the fault of swiftpage.  Swiftpage now changed to a "Selfhosted Licenceing Service" so they are in Control that this will not happen again

as Act! 18 has exactly the same issues with windows and office, providing Act18  as a replacement would open doors for users to Claim... this & that is not working.. 

so currently you have several options..

1. purchase act Pro.. it´s a one time purchase... working with windows & office now, but no free updates to 22.x 

2. Purchase Act Premium , this will keep you safe for "Changes" made by microsoft, as it is a subscription

3. run act21 as a 30 day Trial, export all needed Data if you need more data as the standard Export allows you, you  may want to consider our Export-it

Regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Highlighted

Average users dont know or care what is going behind Acts back. 

They, like myself, just want to use to act after paying for the software, for simple contact managemen.

they have beencheated. 

I am weighing up options of exporting data, trhough trial act,  and export data into free shareware software or pay "ransom. money

I am also thinking of lodging official complaint with the Consumer Affairs to prevent this ever happening again to other future users of Act.

Thanks

Hank 

I  use very features.of Act. Even Verion 6 is mor ethan enough for me. 

Act must cater these needs for customers. Ther are no/minimum support neeed when IO used Act.

When I bought/upgraded to Ver`16. Ther ere biig problems to file sindexes. it toodkl upgrade to V17 to solve them.

.Not all companies use all the features.

Act must allow user s to stay on the verion that htye are happy with, not forcing them to go upwards through ransom charges.