Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I NEED A BOOK for the WEB

I NEED A BOOK for the WEB

Has anyone found a GOOD book for this program? Dummies doesn't even acknowledge for the WEB and its so different that its almost no use. The actual manual doesn't have enough information. Even the sage quickstudy guide references mostly the non Web version. Anybody? Anything? HELP?

Jade

Copper Super Contributor

Re: I NEED A BOOK for the WEB

I haven't come across anything specifically for the web version, much of the functionality of the desktop version is the same on the web version but because of the nature of HTML procedures are slightly different.

Look closely and you'll find most of the functions you need in the web edition.

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

Hi I Agree that many of the BASIC features are the same but the advanced stuff like groups, reporting, templates and CUSTOMIZING are extremely different which leaves me in a trial and error situation. There are no options for customizing toolbars, printing labels, and envelopes. The reports are so limited and you can't do a double query, eg, query inside a query. In addition to this many of the common add in features don't work for the WEB edition. It is frustrating that what I consider to be an ADVANCED level of this program does LESS than a basic version.

Jade

Copper Super Contributor

I feel your pain, some of this is just training:

Labels and envelopes go to "Tools, Print"

Queries use the standard replace, narrow add features in the lookup dialog box or try an advanced query.

An add on by definition is running locally on your computer, there is no way for it to interact with a database that does not reside locally (at least not yet)

Trial and error is why they pay us the big bucks Smiley Happy)

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

I appreciate your assistance. We are a small company and I do all the mailing and labeling for over 10,000 clients and it can be really frustrating since we went from a non web version where I could do tons to a program for the WEB where I am feeling limited. I purchased the books because I thought tips would be great to help me get past the limitations and everytime I run across one, it tells me how to do it in a non web version. Seems to be my best bet is to BUG YOU FOREVER!!!  muhahahah

Smiley Happy Thanks again

Jade

Platinum Elite Contributor

Best resource is the Knowledge Base - although it can be a pain sometimes figuring out the right search