Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to view opportunities at top division level

Copper Super Contributor

How to view opportunities at top division level

Say we have a company with several divisions, several contacts in each division. Opportunities would be created at contact level. I want to go to the top company level and view all opportunities within all divisions. Smetimes this works but sometimes not, I think it is connected with whether the division contacts are "linked" to the company or manually added, but haven't worked out exactly what's happening yet. What is the difference between linking and manually adding, and what is the right way to set up divisional contacts so that their opportunities can be seen at parent company level?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to view opportunities at top division level

You would need to add those contacts to the parent company.  Even though a division is under a parent, it is a virtual link. So the contacts in a division are not linked to the parent company by virtue of being linked to that division.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: How to view opportunities at top division level

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, if a contact is "linked" to a company, it automatically gets "added" to that company too, i.e. it is now a "static member" as well as a "linked member";

but if the company is then made into a division of a parent company, the contacts obviously do NOT get "linked" to the parent (because a contact can only be linked to a single company) but also they do not get "added" as a static member either?

Thanks