Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to use Oportunities when tracking a post card campain, possible???

Copper Contributor

How to use Oportunities when tracking a post card campain, possible???

I am going to start mailing post card to generate more business leads, can I track them with the oportunity process? I will mailing certain amount of post card every month or so sort by city each time I mailed them. I need to track individual process (each port card reply) and also group process (be able to quick check batch of post card sent in certain month to certain group of clients sort by city). What will be the best way to do this? For example, this week I will be mailing 100 post cards to businesses in the city of houston and next month 200 to portland. I want to track individual process and group as well, is this possible? whats the best way?
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How to use Oportunities when tracking a post card campain, possible???

Could you track responses with the opportunity process? While the answer is yes it is unlikely to be the best way. Most people would regard sending postcards as part of lead generation not part of a sales process which is what the opportunities area is designed to manage.

What matters is:

1. What is the call to action from the message on the card?

2. What response are you looking for, phone, email?

3. What detail is required to be recorded?

So an explanation of the whole process is required before recommending how best to have ACT! handle it.    

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

I don't see any reason why not, I used to put certain mailings as an opportunity..You can add opps to groups easily enough. The only issue I see is if you can add multiple opportunites at once? Otherwise you're taling 200 opps manually?  Are you inporting a mailing list then and creating an opportunity for each contact, for each mailing?
Copper Contributor

Gleo,

Sending post card will generate some call back to the office to schedule bids for possible job services. I need to track the bdding process which starts from the callbacks, new business will call the office after they received the post card to schedule bids for service. We collect the information from the customer while doing the bid (service type, system type, etc). Go back to the office, create the bid with price which we present to the business either by fax or by cold call.

Copper Contributor

Actlikemi...

yeah I am importing a mailing list. The idea is to create an opportunity for each contact, for each mailing. At the same time I want to track as a group (area purpose) the type of advertizement i used. Example: I want to see when was last time I sent the city of houston certain post cards, or maybe looking into the city  seattle and see if the amount of new business adquired as a group, as well as individual process  for each contact in every city. Do I make myself clear?

Copper Contributor

from what I can tell it will work great except that you will have to add each opportunity for each contact. That is a lot of time in data entry but you'll have to be the judge of that. you should be able to assign each opportunity to a group and check reports based on that group  except that the group filter is not an option for every report type.