Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to use ACT! v18 Premium for Web with Android Mobile device feature?

Tuned Listener

How to use ACT! v18 Premium for Web with Android Mobile device feature?

Hello All,

Happy New Year to one and all...

I have a challenging Task to Connect ACT! V18 premium for web for atleast 20 users. I have already Installed ACT on Inhouse Server and have atleast 15 Remote users who use ACT offline and then Sync with Network Sync.

Now management wanted their ACT user to use ACT through Android, Iphone and Ipad Device but i am not much sure how we can use ACT on Mobile device. All i know is we can use through URL http://123.45.67.89/m which i read on the portal so, how to configure Mobile Device to use ACT on Mobile.

I need some step by step to use ACT on Mobile device.

I would be really appreciate if anyone help me with situation.

Regards,

Aasmi

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How to use ACT! v18 Premium for Web with Android Mobile device feature?

Hi Asimi,

to access the Act Web you need

to Install IIS, enable ASP,

you need to configure Your firewall (best is to use HTTPS / Proxy) 

and you need a extenal IP on your firewall that is free on Port 443

you may also want to consider a ACC  with act for Web Know-how, to help you with the setup, i.e. we offer support packages where all this can be fulfilled,

you can test act18 on this Link with your smartphone/tablet/PC (on the smartphone & Tablet any browser should do, on the pc you would have to use Google Chrome, or IE 11)

user is chris huffman, no password

let us know if you have any questions

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Tuned Listener

Hello Ingo, Thank you for your quick reply. Well this activity would be for one time only, actually we are also into ACT support but got stuck with Mobile which we have not done before. Would let me know what would be one time cost to configure the mobile or you can give me the steps to configure. What i understand from you is while IIS is configured ASP needs to be enabled as wel and how can i configure firewall (best is to use HTTPS / Proxy) and extenal IP on firewall that is free on Port 443. Regards, Aasif
Bronze Elite Contributor

With ACT V18 you need to install ACT for WEB on the server and then you can link on most mobiles by using the /m in the url address. You will also need to link the internal IP address to an external one for web access.

Just so you know V19 has now been released with a new app for ipads etc you may also want to consider.

More information here -

https://www.act.com/docs/default-source/product-briefs/what-39-s-new-in-act!-premium-v19-brief.pdf