Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to use ACT! 6.0 default 640x480 layout in ACT! Premium?

How to use ACT! 6.0 default 640x480 layout in ACT! Premium?

I have startedd using ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.1.199. I want to use my old 640x48 layout. However when I am switichin to Default 640x48 layout I am having "error loading layout". What to do?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to use ACT! 6.0 default 640x480 layout in ACT! Premium?

Make sure that you have converted the layout file using 'Convert Act! 3.0 - 6.0 Items' from Tools.

If you have done that, is there something that is non-standard to the way that you customized the file?

Barring that, it may be corrupted.

Worst case, create a new layout file in Act! 10, it's not to hard.

I converted my 6.0 Layout but I can not find where the converted Layout is in ACT 10 now nor can I find the menu or drop down for changing the default layout.  I've been hunting for it for a while.   Nothing.  Help !
Platinum Super Contributor

When the layout is converted (Tools > Convert Act! 3-6 Items) it places a copy of the converted layout into the 'databasename-database files\Layouts' folder.  To access the layout:

- in Act 2008 (V10) on the Contact Detail screen - layouts are accessed using the Layout button in the bottom left hand corner of the program.  Click on the Layout button and select the appropriate layout.

- in Act 2010 (V12) on the Contact Detail screen - layouts are accessed using the Layout field located just above the contact detail area (on the Detail View/List View toolbar to the far right).

Greg Martin
Sage