Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to turn off pop up unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this timefor

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to turn off pop up unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this timefor

I don't want to have my email snyc with act - how can I turn off the popup that shows Unable to preform the requested action.  There are no Act address books setup at this time?  I don't need the warning because I realize I don't have my email snyc. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎04-19-2018 05:27 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: How to turn off pop up unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this timefor

Seems to be working so far.  Is this something new?  I never had to choose a database to snyc with on non-snyc email users with version 19 now that we are on 20.3 version this seems necessary? 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: How to turn off pop up unable to preform the requested action. there are no act address books set up at this timefor

If you are not interested in integrating Outlook with your current production database - you can do this integration with a DEMO database to avoid the error message

Cause:
This error will occur if an database whose address book has been added to Outlook is deleted while Outlook is running, causing the address book to be improperly removed.

Solution:
Follow these steps to resolve:

1. Close the error message
  2. Close Outlook, wait several seconds, then re-open Outlook
  3. You will get a message that the Act! Address Book is not properly configured and be prompted to set it up.
  4. Click Yes, at which point you can add the address book for a different Act! database.

Best Regards...

praxisol.com

Juan Otero
Juan.otero@praxisol.com
Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎04-19-2018 05:27 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Seems to be working so far.  Is this something new?  I never had to choose a database to snyc with on non-snyc email users with version 19 now that we are on 20.3 version this seems necessary? 

Copper Super Contributor

This worked beautifully! Thank you!