Do you mean 

How to stop activity invitations

Accepted Solution Solved
KWC
Accepted Solution

How to stop activity invitations

Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0

Citrix hosted windows server

I am looking to know how to disable invitations or at the least set them to be automatically accepted?

Every time we create an activity (i.e. meetings, travel & accommodation) an invitation is sent to the members of our team that it is scheduled with, we would like this not to happen but instead be as it used to be where when the activity is added to persons diary they do not need to accept it anything.

We have not integrated act with any external systems such as outlook, this is purely within act.

Thanks

Sandy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author KWC
‎07-19-2017 08:01 AM
Administrator

Re: How to stop activity invitations

Yes there is. As the scheduler or recipient, you can open the activity, click on the Availability tab, then check the status of invitations.

Act!_2017-07-19_15-01-13.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Sandy,

When creating activities with other Act! users, they will always be sent invitations though Act!. There is no way to disable this behaviour.

If you are creating activities for all users, then you might find that scheduling an Event might be easier. These will not send invitations and appear for all users at the top of their calendar, although no specific time can be associated with them.
KWC

Hi Gary

We made travel and accommodation activates, they are not standard ones, and events and To-Do's don't bring up invitations so is there a way of creating travel and accommodation as activities that are basically renamed To-Do's and so don’t send and invite?

Thanks

Sandy

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Sandy,

Events are quite different to activities and aren't scheduled with any users in particular, but all users can see them. This is why they don't trigger invitations.

I believe that to-do's also trigger invitations if they are scheduled with another Act! user. Are you sure that they don't do this in your database?

A workaround would be to have the organiser schedule the activities for the other user(s). You can do this by clicking the Schedule For button when creating a new activity. Calendar access will first need to have been granted by the user you wish to schedule for.

KWC

Hi Gary

I tried scheduling a to-do for me and a colleague but neither of us received an invitation.

For a work around this is in part an issue of the person the event is scheduled with can't edit it without switching to the organisers calendar. So would using 'schedule for' button not block the actual scheduler from editing it without switching calendar to the person who they scheduled from?

Thanks

Sandy

Administrator

Hi Sandy,

I'm not sure why to-do's aren't triggering invites for your colleague. I would expect them to be triggered by all activity types.

If the activity is scheduled for another user, you would have to also select that users calendar to see the activity in the calendar, or in the activities tab of the contact.
KWC

Hi Gary

When the activity is scheduled (for example a meeting) it is scheduled for multiple people yet only the person who created it (the one selected in the schedule for box) can edit it, even if the other people accept the invite they still can't edit it. Is it possible to allow all the people in the activity to edit it within their own calendar?

All our preferences are for public and none of the activities are set to private.

Thanks

Sandy

Administrator

Hi Sandy,

If an activity is scheduled with another user, then only the original scheduling user can edit the activity.
To me, it sounds like to best way to do what you're looking for is to schedule an activity for each user.

KWC

Okay

My final question would be, is there a way of seeing if a person has declined an invite as when they do it removes it from their diary and we would need to know if someone has done so?

Thanks

Sandy

Solution
Accepted by topic author KWC
‎07-19-2017 08:01 AM
Administrator

Yes there is. As the scheduler or recipient, you can open the activity, click on the Availability tab, then check the status of invitations.

Act!_2017-07-19_15-01-13.png