Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to setup Internet Mail

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

How to setup Internet Mail

I have setup internet Mail on Act! Premium 18.2, on the step by step everything is OK, no message error etc... but when I want to send a email, the ACT Email windows appear, I fill everything and push send the email..... I dont receive the email, it's like the email is not sending.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: How to setup Internet Mail

For any contact, except your own

Try a different contact to your own user's contact

...If this answered your question, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION - Best regards and Good luck

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE DAILY - and place a copy of that ZIP file in a USB memory or external disk for more security
in case your computer or server's hard drive is damaged

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I've make a video to understand what happen when I click  the email option on top. You will see they open the windows, remain there 2-3 secondes and they close automaticaly.

https://youtu.be/MrwvTzHpXLk

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the issue is due to the internet mail settings, does your mail server allow connections via ports 25 and 110 as act! will only use these ports,  if it uses ports like 587 and 995 then it will just try and send the email out but never go anywhere.

Even if you configure the settings with rubbish settings which you know will never work it will do the same as what is being done on your video.

At the end of the configuration did tou test the connection and if no then I would test the connection. look at http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22966 if it crashes.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

How do I setup port 25 and 110 in internet Mail... because I thing everything work not also when I make a text connection but I have error on SMTP screen.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

You will need to check with whoever your mail account is set up with I.E. if its the likes of gmail then they do not use ports 110 and 25 so Act! would not be able to use internet mail. You would have to connect to your mail account via Outlook (meaning you would have to purchase Office) and connect using the corrrect ports. You would then connect Act! to Outlook and send emails via Outlook.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I setup Outlook for ACT, when I want to make a test to send and email, I have this message error

A7.jpg

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Yes as Act! will then connect to Outlook

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I opened OUtllok first as administrator and there not problem....... but I have a question, when I use the email send option, do they put an activity or something in the folder of the customer or they put nothing has record in ?

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor