Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to replace field in only selected records in look-up.

Tuned Listener

How to replace field in only selected records in look-up.

Hey guys, I have a database of about 150K records. I want to start sending out email blats to them (they have al signed up for this, I am NOT spamming), I am sending through swiftpage which sends it directly out of your Act! look-up.

The problem is that i can only send out 10K emails per day. There is no peticular order i want to send to these guys, i just want to make sure that i am NOT emailing the same record the same email.

Can i just select the first 10k records and fill out of the fields in the record (i was thinkign with numbers) and then select the records from 10k-20k and fill those with another number and so on until ALL the records in my data base have a number. Then simply do a look-up for a field with that number (the lookup will contain exactly 10k records)

The question is, how do i add information to a field of only the the records i have selected, no the entire look-up?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How to replace field in only selected records in look-up.

The Replace function will update all records in the Lookup.  To do what you asking, you would have to bring up all contacts > highlight the first set of contacts > choose Lookup Selected, to display only those contacts > then update those records with Replace.  You would then have to perform those steps again for the next set of contacts > highlight the desired contacts > select Lookup Selected > then update.  And repeat until you've made it through the complete list.
Greg Martin
Sage