Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to remove / delete Old Team name from manage Team list.

Tuned Listener

How to remove / delete Old Team name from manage Team list.

Dear All,

One my client complains that he is not able to remove the Old Team name from the Manage Team list.

Very first when we setup ACT and also setup Teams with Name North, South and West but did not used for long time. Now, they requested us to make team and assign contacts to the team, so i remember we had already created Teams before. To my surprise the Team vanish from the List and when i tried to create New Team with Same name it did not allow stating that "The Team with the name already exists" so made new one with Name North_new, South_new and West_new. when i select some contacts and tried to add to limited access to Team, the list showed me both old and new name like

North

North_new

South

South_new

West

West_new

I am confused from where the list is taking the old name, however there were no Team name available in the Manage Team List.

Can anyone help me removing the old Team Name from the database.

Will really appreciate your help

Regards,

Aasmi

Administrator

Re: How to remove / delete Old Team name from manage Team list.

Hi Aasmi,

Please can you tell us which version of Act you are using?
Was the database that you are experiencing this issue in created by creating an empty copy of another database?
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Hello Gary,

We are using ACT 2012 v14.1 Premium for Web version. We have not used any copy of the database, it was created long back and it continued to be same.

Regards,

Aasmi

Bronze Elite Contributor

I do remember an issue with 2012 where if you created teams from a syncing client you could not then delete them from the server. It just might be the same issue and not sure how or if it got resolved.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

As ch1p has already identified, we were aware of issues with the team list not always showing the teams in certain situations in Act 2012.
This has since been fixed in Act 2013 and above.

Tuned Listener

Hello Gray and ch1p,

So, you mean to say there is no way out to get rid out of it other then upgrade to ACT 2013?

Regards,

Aasmi

Administrator

I'm afraid I'm not aware of a way to delete the teams when you are experiencing this issue.
The workaround would be to create new teams as you've already done.
Silver Super Contributor

I have a program that I wrote to delete teams that can't be deleted manually.  You can find it at the following link along with a few of my other programs.

http://www.adsprogramming.com/products/snapintools-for-act/

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Tuned Listener

Thanks Wellmet,

But purchasing one Addon for 99$ for removing only 4 entries from the Manage tea is not worth it. Also there is no trail version so that we can atleast try it.

Regards,

Aasmi

Bronze Elite Contributor

In the situation I had I could trace the remote machine where the teams were created and was able to remove them from that machine and sync back to the server. Apart from this as far as I know there is no fix apart from the add-on from Stan. 

Just create new teams and ignore the ones you cannot remove.