Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

****How to put a picture in a contact ****

Copper Elite Contributor

****How to put a picture in a contact ****

Does anyone know Step by Step ow to put a contacts picture in thier contact? Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ****How to put a picture in a contact ****

You would do this by adding a PIcture field to your layout:

- Go to Tools/Define Fields. The Define Fields dialog box will open

- Click Create New Field on the left

- Name the field and choose "Picture" as the field data type. Click Finish to save the field. Click Close to exit the dialog box.

- Go to Tools/Design Layouts/Contact. The Layout Designer will open with your current contact layout

- From the toolbox on the left, click Picture Field. The cursor will turn into a "+"

- Move the cursor to the place on the layout you would like the picture to appear and click.

- A field selection dialog box will appear. Choose the Picture field you created earlier.

- Adjust the size of the field by pulling the corners with your mouse cursor. To add a border, right-click on the field and select Properties.

- For additonal properties, make sure the field is selected, then press the F4 button on your keyboard. This will bring up the Properties box on the right.

- Under Behavior in the Properties box, I have found that "StretchImage" or "CenterImage" works best for Size Options. This depends on the size and type of image you will be placing in the field.

- When done, save and close the layout designer

- In the Contact Detail View, you can add an image the picture field by clicking on the field and selecting an image from your files.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Any possibility to put multiple picture for a contact?

Example:

I want to keep photos of an installation in archive.

Thank you
Copper Contributor

I find an way by my self, i dont know if its the best technique.

I made a shortcut in the document tab to a specific picture folder.
Administrator

Hi Oliver,

Yes, you can create as many Picture fields as you like. You must first define them in Tools > Define fields, and then you can place them on your layout.
Your solution for attaching a shortcut to a pictures folder is also a workable solution.
You could also attach the actual photos to the documents tab of the contact so that they are shared between users.
Copper Contributor

Thank you Gary,

You  answered  all my questions.