Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to move ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 database to new partition?

How to move ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 database to new partition?

I just created a new partition D drive, everything was on C drive before. I left the C:\Program Files\ACT in place, i just moved the folder that containsADF, ALF and pad file to the new partition. But it's still the same network share path. ex: \\server\ACT_database

But user reported that they are having problem using it..... did i miss to configure something?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to move ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 database to new partition?

The PAD file includes the local path (you can open it in notepad and see).

The correct way to mave an ACT! database is as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1981...

You might try deleting the PAD file and the, on the server:

File | Open

Change file type to ADF

Open the ADF and it should rebuild the PAD

Re: How to move ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 database to new partition?

Thank you very much. But it's too late that I already copied the data folders to new partition. and By the way, I am still on the same server, it's just moved from C drive to D drive. So I chnaged the pad file path and do i also need to change the SQL??

Thak you for your reply.

>>Delete the PAD file as I said and have ACT! re-create it

I really not sure how to do it... can you give me more detial?

I already chnaged the path in pad as you mentioned before... that will not help?

Here is the screenshot http://img46.imageshack.us/i/actuo.jpg/

So you mean I need to opne the ACT premium -> open database and select each ADF? but i already tried one and it says databse already exists.