Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to make tab of a contact (a field with a pull down menu) generate other fields

How to make tab of a contact (a field with a pull down menu) generate other fields

Hi guys,

I have a custom tab labeled as Broker and this tab have fields of buyer's name, property, address, city amongst others. I want to design this tab in such a way that allows the buyer's name field to generate the other fields (property, address, city etc).

For example I would have many names in the buyer field. If I click on one of these names, the property, address, city fields would pop up accordingly to that buyer. In other words I want this tab to function just like the general way contact field functions. When you type in a contact the info for that contact populates.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to make tab of a contact (a field with a pull down menu) generate other fields

You will need an addon to create this kind of automation.

You might check with Exponencial - they might have something that will do this exact thing.

If you are VB savvy at all, you can likely create a script to do this with TopLine Designer (and it offers the ability to create custom tables which is very handy).

Stan Smith @ ADS Programming might already have such a creature or he could likely create on for you.

Check out the Addon Store and browse through the list of Act! addons, if it exists, they likely have it!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How to make tab of a contact (a field with a pull down menu) generate other fields

This feature is often called for. It should, by now be apart of ACT!'s standard features.

I suggest you post in 'Share Your Ideas' in this community group.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog