Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to increase performance in Act Premium for Web 2010

How to increase performance in Act Premium for Web 2010

About a month ago we performed clean installation of APFW 2010 on a brand new Server 2008 R2 box, and imported our old data from a previous version of ACT.  The install and import went fine, as did the uninstalls/reinstalls of the desktop ACT! clients, who are accessing ACT! over the LAN.

1.  The performace using the desktop client is marginal at best.  Are there any tweaks I can make on the server or clients to improve performance?

2.  The performance using the Web interface is unusable, even over gigabit LAN.  Any IIS or other server tweaks that can be done to make this usable?

Other than a clean install of Server 2008R2, with the required components for act web (IIS/ASP/etc), and all updates...the server is squeaky clean and serving no other content.

That said, I've done nothing as far as tweaking IIS or SQL or ACT!, so even the most basic ACT! tweaks that you guys might take for granted, I have not done.

I will be happy to post any info needed (cmd line > txt.file, screenshots, etc.) to help solve this issue.

Thanks.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to increase performance in Act Premium for Web 2010

Here is a link to Sage's technote on improving performance for act!:  http://bit.ly/ajlxG2

Thanks for the reply Scott...but those are client side tweaks, mostly having to do with general Windows performance.  Our systems are set up with that type of stuff before we put them into production.

What I am hoping to find are some server side tweaks for the ACT! server, SQL, and/or IIS that will help it run better.

Thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Has ACT been excluded from dynamic scanning by the virus checking software you are using?