Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to import .VCF files (Outlook contact) to ACT Premium?

Copper Contributor

How to import .VCF files (Outlook contact) to ACT Premium?

I usually import contacts by Excel spreadsheets, but a vendor recently gave us several leads via Outlook business cards (as .VCF files - Variant Call Format), but I cannot get them to load in to ACT and do not even see anything as an option on the import screen. Outlook is an option, but I do not have Outlook synced with ACT, for technical network reasons, so how else can I import them? These contacts are not in my Outlook Address Book and were just sent to me in an email. Additionally, how can I import multiple ones at once?

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to import .VCF files (Outlook contact) to ACT Premium?

Go to file association for .vcf and associate it with Act!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

OK perfect - that does let me open them in ACT and saves them if not already a contact, but how do I set the field associations because some of the fields did not update. This lets me open the VCF in ACT, but where can I map the fields? Even though I can open them in ACT, I wasn't sure if there would be an option in Import Wizard drop down.

great question - did you figure out how to change the field associations

Administrator

There is not currently an option to change field mapping when importing from .VCF file. Only the fields described in the following Knowledgebase article are imported:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31443

If you add the contact file to Outlook, you can import while mapping fields though the normal import wizard.