Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to have a history visible by the creator and the admin users but not any other users?

Copper Super Contributor

How to have a history visible by the creator and the admin users but not any other users?

Hello,

I would like to be able to have the admin team to view the call completed and attempted to any users on Act but I would like for the standard users to see only their call history.

Is there any possibility yo do so through the History List tab or a report  or a custom dashboard maybe?

Thank you

Gregory

Administrator

Re: How to have a history visible by the creator and the admin users but not any other users?

Hi Gregory,

Are you looking to do this as a security feature, or just for ease of access?

If it's the latter, you can simply filter the History List by user. Click Select Users, then select only the user you wish to see. You can also filter by History type to see only the call histories.
Copper Super Contributor

Re: How to have a history visible by the creator and the admin users but not any other users?

Hello Gary,

It is more than ease of access. The management does not want the employees to see the calls completed and attempted of the other employees. This is not really related of security but it is a rule the management really care for.
In a concrete example, the management would like each employee to be able to see how many calls they made today without seeing the other called made by the other employees.
Administrator

Hi Gregory,

In that case, this would not be possible. It is possible to make individual histories private, but then only the history creator would be able to view them. Admins would also not be able to see them. Act! is designed to give everyone the complete history of any contact that they have access too. You could limit access to a contact to only the record creator and the Admins, but that does not sound like something you wish to achieve.

For your example, my suggestion of filtering the history list could be used for this purpose. Alternatively, you can also use the Dashboard to do this using the Contact History Count by History Type template.
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks Gary,

I think this is not going to work exactly like I wanted. I might just build my own little program querying the database directly...
Bronze Elite Contributor

Had a silly idea.

If you don,t use the ACT to Outlook sync of Activity how about this. 

ACT Users have all activity as private.

Create a new Outlook account called ACT management. Link all ACT users to this account for 1 way sync of activity to Outlook 

Management view the Outlook account for looking at activity.

Told you it was a silly idea - wonder if it would work!!!

Copper Super Contributor

yes silly Smiley Happy

I assume it would work!!! But we are using ACT to Outlook sync. That was creative Smiley Happy