Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to export Notes under Company Tab?

How to export Notes under Company Tab?

Hello there!

My department is building a new database for ACT and trying to integrate part of the old database into the new one. But we found no easy way to export the Notes for companies.

Do any of you have experience dealing with such issue? Thanks in advance!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to export Notes under Company Tab?

Hello lpan,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Are you exporting from one ACT! database to another? If so, are both databases at the same version? What version of ACT!?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi, Greig,

We need to clean the original database because too many companies in there are no longer valid. So we need to export all the data, clean them, and then create a new database, import the clean data back in.

Now I have figured out a way to export the notes under company, which is by means of "Company Summary" report. However, the report can only be in the format of txt or rtf, which is hard to import back to ACT database.

I wonder if I could imporve my work by doing something different either in the export task or the import task?

Platinum Elite Contributor

If the original database is an ACT! database, then just put it on the same machine as the new database, open in ACT!, and go to File > Export to export it to the new database. You can select which type of records to export - contact, company, group, opportunity (or all types) and this will include the notes and histories. There should be no need to use a report. But yes, cleaning up the database first would be a great. You will also want to run maintenance on it from ACT! by going to Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.