Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to exchange data for 2 ACT! databases?

Vad
Copper Contributor

How to exchange data for 2 ACT! databases?

[ Edited ]
Hi All, I have 2 ACT! 2008 Premium databases. Each database is placed on a separate workstation. All workstations are in one local network. How it is possible to synchronize 1 database with another database via network? I can't use the standart synchronisation because I already have databases with data, and I can't create free remote database as it's describing in user guide. Please help me to choose right way.

Message Edited by Vad on 02-13-2008 11:39 PM
Regards,
Vad
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Re: How to exchange data for 2 ACT! databases?

For regular exchange, sync is the most reliable and the fastest way to exchange data.

In your case, I'd begin to export one database in the other, then configure this new total database as a publisher database. Place this database on a server and create 2 remote db for the 2 users.

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Platinum Elite Contributor

Why sync? Merge the databases together, put the combined one on the server and have both users access it together.

Much easier.
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

GLComputing wrote:
Why sync?

Because he asked "How it is possible to synchronize 1 database with another database via network?" and not "How to share a database between us?" Smiley Wink

But it's true he has these solution too...
Maybe I didn't understand the global sense of the question. English is not my primary language Smiley Wink

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Platinum Elite Contributor

The reason for my question was because you said they are Workstations on the same LAN... therefore sharing the database is faster and easier.

Also, many users don't realise that sharing on a LAN is possible and look for sync

So - why sync instead of sharing?

PS: My mother was born in Brussels