04-29-2008 02:31 PM
06-14-2008 10:54 AM
1. You can only customise the user fields in Opportunities as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/523tfu
2. No, ACT! doesn't do that at this time. You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature
Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.
06-15-2008 06:57 PM
1. We are working on an add-on called The Durkin Toolkit for ACT! that extends the opportunity and activity tables allowing you to add new fields and new tables. It is currently in beta and should be released in approx 4-6 weeks. You can check it out here.
2. We have another released add-on called Opportunity List Plus for ACT! that creates alphanumeric sequential numbering when adding opportunities. You can download the Free Trial here: http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsOpportunityListPlus.aspx
Here is a link to the screenshot for that specific sequential numbering feature:
Hope this helps
-- jim durkin
05-05-2009 01:44 PM
We are working in Ver 10 (Std). We understand lack of the Premier edition places limitations on widespread opportunity field manipulation, but we have two situations that should be doable but instead we seem to be "frozen out."
1. Knowledge base #523tfu advises "[the opportunity fields named] competitor, reason, and referred by can be modified, but it is recommended that [they be left alone]". While 8 of the 11 opportunity fields will open to editing, these three are "frozen" and do not allow editing of any sort. Is there some other step required to unlock competitor, reason, and referred for modification? We need all the fields available within the Opportunity Info tab, but these three are useless with the current field name locked therein.
2. Opportunity user field #1 through #8 started out from Sage configured for drop-down lists. In our particular instance, these fields became un-checked in the "Customize field behavior" area of Define Fields, probably at the same time the field name was initially changed. Field data type was never messed with. "Customer field behavior" is now frozen in these 8 fields. While we understand that the Premier edition is required to apply the full power of the program as it applies to new work in these fields, it would seem checking/unchecking an existing drop-down list is not new territory for the software. Is checking or unchecking an existing option really customization? How does one unfreeze the drop-down lists?
Thanks for the help, and the insight!