Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to delete completed tasks in the task list on Act! Prem. 2013

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to delete completed tasks in the task list on Act! Prem. 2013

How do you delete a completed task in Act! Premium 2013?

Some completed tasks are important. For instance, if we had a task to "call customer ABC about the quality issue" - we may want a record in our task list that we spoke with that cusotmer about the quality issue on Oct. 7 of 2013.

In other cases, completed tasks are not necessary and can be deleted. Although the Act! techies have suggested deleting histories and tasks that are older than a certain date, it is important that we do not do so.

Therefore, we would like to deleted specific completed tasks on a task by task basis. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dale@flexlinkllc.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How to delete completed tasks in the task list on Act! Prem. 2013

It's a two stop process to accomplish what you're going for--you need to right click on the cleared item and click "Clear Activity." This will prompt you saying, "This activity is currently cleared. Do you want to unclear it?" Click yes. Now you can right click and erase.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

By "task", do you mean "job" or "activities'?

if so, then deleting the item is accessed via the right-click menu.

go to the company/contact record that you created the "task" with, then:

for Jobs, right-click the job you wish to remove, and select "Delete Job"

for Activities, right-click the activity you wish to remove, and select "Erase Activity"

If I have got that incorrect, I apologise and would ask if you could provide more detail about the action you are trying to perform (perhaps a screenshot of the item you wish to remove)

Kind Regards

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Thanks Jared. I will explain further. If I put a to-do on my task list and then check it off once completed, it shows up on the activities list once inside the contact. Normally, completed tasks don't show up but you can make them show by clicking on options and pulling down the menu and clicking on "show cleared". I can also view the completed tasks by going to the task list, selecting options, pulling down the menu and clicking on "show cleared". In both the task list and the activity tab within a contact, once cleared/completed tasks are shown on the screen, there is no way to delete them. If you right click on them and pull down the menu, the "erase activity" is greyed out and there is no way to erase the activity. My question is, how do you erase or delete a completed task? Thanks again.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dale@flexlinkllc.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

It's a two stop process to accomplish what you're going for--you need to right click on the cleared item and click "Clear Activity." This will prompt you saying, "This activity is currently cleared. Do you want to unclear it?" Click yes. Now you can right click and erase.

I wish there was a better way but if that's the best we can do, I'll live with it.

Thanks.

Dale