Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to create conditional field in MS Word template using ACT data

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to create conditional field in MS Word template using ACT data

I would like my MS Word 2003 template to display "Positive text" if an ACT field has a checkmark in it and "Negative text" if the ACT field is blank.  I have a field called "MedicaidNeed01" that can be true or false.

This code in my template displays "True" or "False" depending if my ACT logical field is checked or not:

{DOCVARIALBLE[ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_MedicaidNeed01_091237968 \* MERGEFORMAT}

So far, so good, but I woud like MS Word to display test such as "The box is checked" or "The box is unchecked" rather than "True" or "False". 

I've tried this code to no avail:

{IF{DOCVARIALBLE[ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_MedicaidNeed01_091237968 \* MERGEFORMAT}="True" "The box is checked" "The box is unchecked"}

To get the {} I used CNTRL+F9.

When I tried the above merge code, and variations of it, I get an ACT message stating, "Object has been deleted" and no MS Word document opens.

I would really appreciate guidance on how to insert conditional text in an MS Word template from ACT data.  I'm hoping it's just a syntax problem.

I'm using MS Word 2003 and ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (ST Edition) Version 9.0.1.162.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author todd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: How to create conditional field in MS Word template using ACT data

I found some old details on this... if you send me a Private Message (icon top-right of this page) with your details, I can let you have it to test

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author todd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

I found some old details on this... if you send me a Private Message (icon top-right of this page) with your details, I can let you have it to test

Tuned Listener

Hi Todd,

I have having the same problem as you did. Did you ever resolve the problem? If so i would greatly appreciate any help.

Regards

Andrew 

Tuned Listener

{ IF "{DOCVARIABLE[ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.CUST_X2_101605283\*MERGEFORMAT"=" {INCLUDETEXT \\\\servername\sharedfolder\text.docx}""}

This is the formula i have come up with but all i seem to get is "content has been deleted" error message.

Is there an error in syntax of the conditional statement?

Andrew

Hi Mike,

I've tried the instructions given here

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/04/using-conditional-controls-in-act.html

several times, but keep getting the same problem as the others. Is there a solution at all? I'm using ACT12 and Word 2003.

Thanks

Tony

[ Edited ]

Did we get any further with this?

All I need to do is change when a field is checked YES to add in a tick.

All I am getting is "Object has been deleted"

And to confirm I have tried http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2009/04/using-conditional-controls-in-act.html but it didn't help much.