Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to create and manage custom Activity Types in Act!

Copper Contributor

Referencing the KB article below:

Answer ID 13870   |    Updated 12/15/2016 04:48 PM
Question:  How do I create or manage custom Activity Types in Act!?

Product Details: 
Product Family:  Act!
Product:  Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2011 and later

Answer: 

Note: The steps below cannot be completed from a remote database. You must be logged into the main database as an Act! administrator in order to create custom Activity Types. Once created, remote users can synchronize their databases to pull in the new custom activity types.

QUESTIONS:

• Is the "main database" the ACT Premium cloud database on the web to which a remote database syncs?
  • If no, what is the "main database"?
  • If yes, how do we log into the main database as an ACT! Administrator?  Upon navigating to: https://master.hosted1.act.com/<<the rest of my link>>, I have the following credentials to enter:

1) Log on to:

2) User Name

3) Password

4) Remember my username

5) Logon

To be clear, I do not have any other options to logon as an Administrator or to do anything further

GOAL:  I want to to create and manage custom Activity Types in Act!

NOTE: I have been informed by ACT Technical Support, twice by different people, and contra to this KB article, that the only way to create custom Activity Types is to consume not only my time but also SwiftPages Technical Support resources to have it create new Activity Types on an ad hoc basis as my needs arise.

Thank You

Administrator

Re: How to create and manage custom Activity Types in Act!

[ Edited ]

Hi princeedwardh,

Currently the only way for Act! Premium Cloud customers to add Custom Activity Types to the database, is by request though a ticket. This is due to web interface and remote database functionality limitations. We realise this isn't ideal for customers, and It's an area planned for improvement.

You can open a new ticket here: https://www.act.com/resources/contact

Please Include the following information:

1. New Activity Type Name
  2. Result types (used when clearing the activity)
    • Provide a list of possible values, and indicate which should be the default value
  3. (Optional) A link to a .ico file used as the icon for the activity (16x16 px)

Please remember to include your database name and URL in the ticket description.

I've requested that the Knowledgebase article you referenced be updated with this info.