Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to create a reminder / alarm for the record manager using smart tasks?

Copper Super Contributor

How to create a reminder / alarm for the record manager using smart tasks?

Hello,

I am trying as an admin to set up "safety net" reminders for the other employees. To do so I would like to create a reminder to the record manager of a contact when it has not been reach in x days + other conditions.

I can create an activity for me and invite the record manager but this creates only an alarm for me,

What would be the way do to that?

Thank you

Employee

Re: How to create a reminder / alarm for the record manager using smart tasks?

I'm just testing a few scenarios to see if we can get the results you're looking for

Employee

Good afternoon!

I've managed to get a smart task to pop up alarms with the steps outlined in the attached images.  You might want to test to replicate with the criteria (x days + other conditions) you mentioned.

Not sure how close this is to the results you want, but if you can feedback on the output/results you get.  You may wish to dispense with sending the invitation.

Copper Super Contributor

Hello Karl,

Thank you for the reply. I tried this and the alarm came up on my computer (being the smart task user) but nothing popped up on the record manager's computer. 

Did any alarm ring on the record manager with your test?

Greg

Employee

Greg,

I'm only using my own machine to test, but to ensure this alarm appears for the record manager, create the same scheduled smart task on each user's machine..   This may be time-consuming if you have multiple users, but otherwise, you will be the only person to see the alarm.  

Are all machines exclusive to a single user?  

Karl

Copper Super Contributor

Yes I ended up doing almost. I manage all the smart tasks from my computer but i had to create a smart task for each user and in the activity, I would select the user I want in the "schedule for" box.

Thanks for trying Karl