Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to create a Lookup for multiple companies

How to create a Lookup for multiple companies

Act! Pro Version 18.2.53.0
English (United States)

Local private ACT! database

Windows 10 Version 1607 (for x64-based Systems)

Problem:  I create an Advanced Company  Query  identifying  a number of companies which I need to interact with.  However after interacting  with the Company record the I have no way of getting back to the results of the Query, unless I use the Back button.  However if I have performed a number of actions during interaction with the Company record, it becomes very cumbersome to use the Back button.

Solution I am looking for would be after running a Company Query I end up with a list view, I would like to change the view to Detailed view and be able to toggle forward and backward in detail view in the search result

Copper Super Contributor

Re: How to create a Lookup for multiple companies

Here is my suggestion:

1. Create a new Group, give it a name and leave it empty
  2. Run your Advanced Query like you have done before
  3. Right click on the list of contacts and select Tag All
  4. Right click on the list of contacts again and select Add Contacts to Group
  5. Select the new empty Group to add the contacts to
  6. Select Group and right click on your new group that now contains the contacts that you search for, hit Create Lookup

You are now able to work on all contacts in that lookup without the need to use the Back button

Lennart Johansson
zoft80.com
Sweden

Thank you! Lennart for your suggestion.
however, my interaction is at "Company" record level and not "Contact" record level. Unfortunately, ACT! will not permit "company" records to be attached to Groups.

Hi there, unfortunately the detail view of Companies does not work in that way, ti will always show you all of your Companies.

Your solution of using the Back button (or alternatively clicking the List View button) is the only method of getting back to your results I'm afraid.

Administrator

In addition to Steve's suggestion, you could save the advanced lookup, and then add the .CRY file to an Act toolbar to be quickly accessible from anywhere in the software. This would run the lookup when the custom menu or toolbar item is clicked.
Copper Super Contributor

Gary,
I have been wanting to do that for a while now, i did not know it was possible. Better late than never!! thanks a lot
Nickel Contributor

You may also want to take a look at this add-on: Favorites for Act!...

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms