Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to correct or delete wrong prefix in front of Salutation in a very large database?

NBS
Astute Commentator

How to correct or delete wrong prefix in front of Salutation in a very large database?

Dear Sir/Madam,

In a database of 10 thousand plus contacts, wrong prefix was put in front of the salutation of the contacts. What is the best and fastest way to correct or delete the prefixes?

Thank you.

Faithfully,

George
Silver Super Contributor

Re: How to correct or delete wrong prefix in front of Salutation in a very large database?

It depends on the nature of the problem.  I have an addon that I wrote called StringReplace that will let you edit the contents of a field.  So you could change all the occurences of a prefix to something else.  I have another addon called FixPrefixSuffix that will separate the prefixes and suffixes from the name if they are in the list of prefixes and suffixes in the database.  Contact me offline or via private email if you're interested.  If you don't want to use an addon you will need to export the contacts to a delimited text file, change them and import them back in.  You will need to have a unique ID or a method of duplicate checking that will insure that you have no duplicates.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!