Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to completely uninstall ACT 2008?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How to completely uninstall ACT 2008?

Exactly... so a update to 21.1 needs some time, and will pobably also need some down-time we recomend to uninstall the old version, and install the latest version... and with the first start of the new installed, act, act will requrie a Schema Update, so a downtime, depending on the Hardware and size of the DB, may take somewhere between 15min, and several hours.... while a install of the hotfix will not need a schema update, so it´s not nessary to update all PC´s at the same time...it may request i.e. a restart of the ÍIS, but other than that, it is normaly not creating any down-time.

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34

Oh I need to uninstall the version 21.0 first? cannot direct update?
Then, back to my problem. I facing this problem because ACT version 21.0 already updated?
Copper Elite Contributor

with installing the patch, no.... when considering (in a second step) to update to 21.1, thats what we recomend
ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34

I mean is why I got this problem? because version 21.0 already updated to 21.1?
Copper Elite Contributor

no you have probably act21.0 without patch, as the first 21.0 did still support the 15 digit SN, every version after that needs the longer Serial...
ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Just some clarifications -

Updates do not have schema changes.

Service patch do (normally) have schema updates so all connected users or syncing remotes must all be updated to the same version.

Updates can only be applied to the relevant version including which service patch has already been applied, if any.