Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to change Contact detail layout in Act Premium for Web 2008

How to change Contact detail layout in Act Premium for Web 2008

Longtime ACT user here, but first time with Act Premium for the web. I am the administrator and am looking to add so new fields as well as get rid of some fields on the detail layout screen such as Birthday and Spouse. Does anyone have info on how to go about that or where I could find the info? I looked in the user guides but couldn't find anything.

In Act 2006 I was able to change it very easily.....not sure about Act Premium for Web 2008.

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!!!

Nickel Contributor

Re: How to change Contact detail layout in Act Premium for Web 2008

As the Administrator, you can make changes to the fields and layout very much as you did before with previous versions - provided you do so in the Windows application. You cannot make any layout or schema changes through the browser.

APFW is all about security, and APFW does not permit any major administrative changes through the browser.

Also, keep in mind that APFW does not like long field label names, and some minor inconsistencies exist between the Windows layout and the browser layout when you use them. Some tinkering may be required.

For web users, if they wish to switch layouts, advise them that this option is diaplayed in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to do it on the server or a full client connected via the LAN. You can't do this from the web

Can you clarifiy if the APFW User Fields can be changed?  If a version of ACT resides on a computer's hard drive in our office, can we change the User Fields using this software, and have them appear changed on the APFW version?  If so, how is this done.  I really appreciate any clarification anyone can lend on this question.

KarenB wrote:
Can you clarifiy if the APFW User Fields can be changed?  If a version of ACT resides on a computer's hard drive in our office, can we change the User Fields using this software, and have them appear changed on the APFW version?  If so, how is this done.  I really appreciate any clarification anyone can lend on this question.

You can change the Layout from either the APFW server or from a workstation on a LAN connected to the server database as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6hbnw2

OK, this may sound stupid.....I think I am missing something.  When I make the changes on the server, they do not appear on the website.   It appears we have a web and desktop version installed..sharing the same database??  I believe I access the desktop version from the server. How do I access the web version from the server?

That was it! I was editing the 1024 on the server but the web defaults to the 800.

Thank you!!