Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to add more options in Duration field when creating a New History under Contacts in ACT 2013! Premium

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to add more options in Duration field when creating a New History under Contacts in ACT 2013! Premium

ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, Hot Fix 3

Click Contacts > Detail View > History > New History then below window pops up.

How can I add 2 minutes and 5 minutes in the drop-down menu under 'duration'. It starts with 15 minutes. Appreciate you suggestions and advices. Thank you.

New history duration options.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prageeth83
‎10-28-2015 03:26 PM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to add more options in Duration field when creating a New History under Contacts in ACT 2013! Premium

[ Edited ]

Hi Prageet,

It's very easy!

Just enter the exact duration in the field. eg:

1m = 1 minute

2m = 2 minutes

2.5m = 2.5 minutes

5h = 5 hours

6 d = 6 days etc...

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prageeth83
‎10-28-2015 03:26 PM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: How to add more options in Duration field when creating a New History under Contacts in ACT 2013! Premium

[ Edited ]

Hi Prageet,

It's very easy!

Just enter the exact duration in the field. eg:

1m = 1 minute

2m = 2 minutes

2.5m = 2.5 minutes

5h = 5 hours

6 d = 6 days etc...

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

Hi David

Fantastic. I didn't realise it is that easy. I appreciate your reply very much.

Only thing is that it does not save for the next person to choose from instead of typing each time. However It is a not a big issue.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Prageeth

Bronze Elite Contributor

There is a free add-on that lets you chose extra dropdown lead times. Follow link below, select version of ACT and look for Additonal Alarm Lead Times.

Look at instructions for adding lead times. If you have a number of users you can copy the file you add the lead times to other users PCs.

http://www.exponenciel.com/download.aspx?ID=151

Copper Contributor

Thank you very much for that information. That addons link will be very useful.

Kind regards

Prageeth

This does not work in Act! Premium Web.  How can I document a history to the minute in the web portal??

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi across,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Indeed it seems you are not currently able to manually input a custom value into the new history duration selector in the web interface. You are however able to do this when creating a new activity.

I have submitted this issue for our product team to review. I'll update this thread when I have more information.

Administrator

This has been logged as Defect D-04553