Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Stop SQL Server Errors

How to Stop SQL Server Errors

My boss wakes up every day to this error. Every single day I have to remote in and restart the SQL server for him. He is helpless on computers. I am a goddess wizard to him because I can sort his Excel spreadsheet by country in alphabetical order, if that gives you an idea of my skill level in comparison to his.

Is there a reason we encounter this code on a daily basis and a simple way to ensure it does not continually stop and require a restart?

Windows 10. Act Premium.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: How to Stop SQL Server Errors

I suspect what you need to do is change the ACT7 SQL Server instance so that it is "Automatic (Delayed Start)".   The way you do that is by going to Start | Run and typing in services.msc.  Then right click on the service that says SQL Server (ACT7) and select Properties.  Then select Automatic (Delayed Start) from the dropdown.

Good luck!

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Administrator

Re: How to Stop SQL Server Errors

Here's a Knowledgebase article that also details the process that Stan has described:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38229