Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to: Recall a deleted field.

How to: Recall a deleted field.

[ Edited ]

Basically, when I built the database we used 'Birth Date' to track contacts DOB of course. Upper management said 'get rid of that field, its useless'....

Of course, now they want it back, and I can't seem to just add it again in the design layout. I'm sure the raw data is whithen the database.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated!

TIA

Edit: Version is Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

Message Edited by pcmedic on 01-07-2009 08:01 AM
Message Edited by pcmedic on 01-07-2009 03:36 PM
Bronze Contributor

Re: How to: Recall a deleted field.

If you have deleted the field then it is gone and you will need to recreate a new field in Define Fields before you can add it to the layout.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How to: Recall a deleted field.

Hi

Did you just delete the field from the layout or delete the field from the database table.

If just the Layout it can be put back and will have retained the data. It is called Birth Date

If you removed it from the database table the field and the data will have gone.

To recreate use the Tools,  Define Fields, Contacts, New Field, Annual Event is the type of field for birthdays.

Warning - In many countries the holding of privileged information (such as birth-date) is prohibited unless the person has given their permission.

Hope this helps.

Chip