Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Merge Product into Quote Template

How to Merge Product into Quote Template

How do I setup the "Create Quote" Template so that it pulls Products, Qty, and Cost from the Opportunity and automatically adds it into the Quote Template?

It's easy to Merge Contact, Phone number, etc. don't see a "Merge Product" option anywhere

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How to Merge Product into Quote Template

[ Edited ]

The quote template is in 2 parts, a word document that can bring in ACT contact details and an imbedded spreadsheet that links to the Opportunity area of ACT.

Rather than waffle on here is a link that explains it a lot better than I will in this reply.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13960/~/how-to-create-and-modify-quotes-in-act%21

Can I also point you in the direction of a brilliant add-on called Quote Invoice  Maker 11 as ACT is very limited it what you can change in the Quote template.

http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=153

I cannot access Quote.xlt from Act. When I go to Write>Edit Template, Act only shows to .adt files.

I was able to find Quote.xlt by searching my hard drive, however that is no use since I can't upload or edit it onto Act. Plus, the "Merge" box does not appear on the excel file like it does on when I edit Quote.adt. so I don't see an option to merge Qty, Product, Cost

Capture.JPG

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi portiastewart,

I think you're looking for the button to create a quote from an opportunity. You'll find this in the toolbar menu under Opportunities > Create Quote.

Act!_2017-09-15_14-03-12.png

This produces a Word document with the products and contact details merged into it. I've attached a sample below.