Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Import Companies inside a division?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How to Import Companies inside a division?

Is there a way to import companies from excel into a specific division on ACT web?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author UCALT
‎09-13-2017 06:46 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How to Import Companies inside a division? > use OAK!Merge

Interesting reply regarding Oakmerge and will do the job but as you mentioned ACT Web I assumed you only had web access. Oakmerge needs to be run on the ACT Server.

Hi Alan

I originally qualified with ACT for Dos so also been around ACT for more years than I care to remember.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Re: How to Import Companies inside a division?

It seems only Companies can be imported.
(...assuming you mean Company is parent and Division is Child of Company)

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How to Import Companies inside a division?

You just have to import them as companies and then move them to become a division of the company. They just drag and drop so fairly easy or use move Company option.

Copper Super Contributor

The Act! Import/ Export utility OAK!Merge can do this for you. It can link divisions to parent companies or subgroups to groups.   You can  set the division to parent relationship as you import new companies or you can update existing companies.   All the OAK!Merge versions can do this, including Basic.  More info is at www.OAKMerge.com including screen shots is in the PDF manual available here.

http://www.oakmerge.com/downloads/Oakmerge_Manual.pdf

Regards

Alan

Alan Lee

1st Act! Certified Consultant and still standing

www.OAKMerge.com

Solution
Accepted by topic author UCALT
‎09-13-2017 06:46 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Interesting reply regarding Oakmerge and will do the job but as you mentioned ACT Web I assumed you only had web access. Oakmerge needs to be run on the ACT Server.

Hi Alan

I originally qualified with ACT for Dos so also been around ACT for more years than I care to remember.  

Copper Super Contributor

Re: How to Import Companies inside a division? > use OAK!Merge via API ?

OAK!erge now supports ACT API connections. 

The last few versions of OAK!Merge no longer have to run locally if the database has ACT! API Web access.  You can update to any database on a remote ACT web server.  However, all the ACT!  tables  that the local install of OAK!Merge can do are NOT available if using the API connection.   The Web API connection is still limited and is under development by Swiftpage.  We consider our OAK!Merge to Web API   or  to ACT! Essentials still a beta product.  It is released and in use, but has limitations.   Since companies is not yet a supported table, you could not use the API connection  to update Divisions of parent Companies. 

Supported tables include:

1. Contacts
  2. Groups (not memberships yet)
  3. History
  4. Notes

We always recommend a local install of OAK!Merge on the ACT! server or any ACT! client with a direct local connection to the ACT! database.  

more info on the API connection is on the support blog at click here   http://www.oakmerge.com/2017/01/05/enhancements-included-in-oakmerge-19-1-0/  

or in the PDF manual 

Alan

Alan Lee

1st ACC and still standing

www.OAKMerge.com