Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Edit Access Level for Multiple Companies

How to Edit Access Level for Multiple Companies

Hello,  I need to remove users from Limited Access from 4,000+ Companies.

When I right click on each company I can edit the Access List one-by-one. However when I try to do this for more than one Company the Edit Access List is now grayed out.

I need to Limit Access for 4,000+ Companies and need a way to make this change all at once. Please advise. Thank you.

Administrator

Re: How to Edit Access Level for Multiple Companies

Hi Portia,

Limited access can't be assigned en masse to companies, only contacts.

Why do you need to limit access to so many companies? Is it due to information in company fields and notes/history being private to only those with access? If you're only recording this private info on the contact the contacts, then assigning them the limited access would be a one solution.

Our sales people (users) should only have access to their territories (countries) but some of them can see contact info and notes for other territories. I don't want the access level to be Private, since administrators still need access. We would  need the access level to be limited.

For my understanding you can only Limit Access for each Company one-by-one since the Edit Access List is grayed out  once I select more than one company. Is there a work around solution for this? Making one change like limiting access to 4,000+ Companies seems tedious. The ability to make the change at once would be helpful to a lot of users. Will Act include a change addressing this in the next update? Thanks

Administrator

Hi Portia,

You're correct in that you can only limit access for each company one-by-one. It isn't possible to multi-select companies and then do this. There is no workaround within the Act! interface to do this. It could be done by directly editing the SQL database, but this should only be attempted by an Act! Certified Consultant with familiarity in this area.

If you apply limited access to all of your companies, you will presumably also want to do the same for the contacts within these companies, as without doing this, the individual contacts will still be accessible. 

Depending on how your data has been recorded, and how your sales people work, you could limit access only to the contacts, which would be easier to do because doing this by multi-select is possible on these types of records.