Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How does Sage act network work

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

How does Sage act network work

I was just wondering if there is something I can read about how the Sage Act Network Premium works? I have Sage Act Network Premium 2012 on a server and 2 computers within a LAN. They are setup and configured. I am just wondering when a client makes a change on a file within a database and syncs it with the server. Another client can sync the same database and they should see the changes? Is there a document that can sync it for the client so they do not have to do it manually?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author david989
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: How does Sage act network work

Thank you both for your replies!! I do have some employees that travel abroad and may need to make their changes on the fly for the rest of the company to internally see.

To answer why we do not sync the database live is because we only have enough licenses for the clients and not the server. We are using the server for the 80/20 rule that Sage has allowed for our updates.

This answered my questions.

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello david989,
In a a sync environment, if a remote makes a change, syncs it to the server, then another remote syncs a short time later, they will see the changes that the previous remotes synced up to the main database. If you would like to use automatic sync with the remotes, this can be done using the ACT! Scheduler found under the Tools menu. This Knowledgebase article provides instructions:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1526...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

If you are on a LAN, and not using laptops, why do you want to sync?
Much better to access the server database live
Solution
Accepted by topic author david989
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thank you both for your replies!! I do have some employees that travel abroad and may need to make their changes on the fly for the rest of the company to internally see.

To answer why we do not sync the database live is because we only have enough licenses for the clients and not the server. We are using the server for the 80/20 rule that Sage has allowed for our updates.

This answered my questions.

Thanks

You don't need licenses for the server... ACT! is licensed by active user names in the database. So it doesn't matter if the users access directly via lan/web or the sync or they do both

If two users sync ... when the first syncs, it updates the publisher. When the 2nd syncs, it receives those changes
Copper Contributor

Makes sense, thank you for letting me know.

I will keep this in mind