Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How does ACT work with foreign languages - Chinese, German, English - Multinational

Copper Super Contributor

How does ACT work with foreign languages - Chinese, German, English - Multinational

I have a client that is a small but multinational company.  How does ACT work with Chinese?  How does it work with multiple languages on a single database?  I researched this but found very little...It appears that ACT's language capabilities are derived from Microsoft Language settings and the regional version does not matter for this (apparently).    If All three offices are sharing a database and taking notes in their native language, what gets presented to say, the US users?  Do they see the notes/histories in multiple languages or are they translated somehow?  Just curious if anyone could shed some light on this.

John Tytus
Prescience, LLC
Cincinnati, OH
www.iprescience.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How does ACT work with foreign languages - Chinese, German, English - Multinational

Hi John,

to have act working (i.e. phone numbers) and other things, all pc´s should run the same language, (we recomend. Englisch, (Windows, Office))

if then the staff in China adds chinese, in any fields, or tables  ( except the fields Phone, Country, ID-Status,  they should stay in english) you and your client should be fine.. we have several clients working this way, and do not see any issues.

also addons like Handheldcontact or Dial-it work fine with this setup.

best Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040