Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do you "My Record" with a completely new contact?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

How do you "My Record" with a completely new contact?

[ Edited ]

I am performing some database cleanup to reduce the amount of History files that I have on "My Record."  I have over 16K entires in "My Record" History including the removal a duplicate database (each duplicate Contact that was deleted a couple of years ago.    The amount of time that it will take to delete 16K unneeded History files is ridiculous, so I determined that it would be much faster to create a duplicate "My Record" in my name (with no HIstory) and then delete the original "My Record."   

The problem is, even when I login as the administrator, I am unable to do this because when I go to Contacts > Delete Contact, that step is grayed out under my name.   

How can I accomplish the above objective?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: How do you "My Record" with a completely new contact?

To resolve this issue, you will need to duplicate the contact data from your My Record , and then replace the incorrect information. Follow these steps.
Click the Lookup menu, and then click My Record . The My Record appears with the incorrect data.
Click the Contacts menu, and then click Duplicate Contact . The Duplicate Contact dialog box appears.

Enable the Duplicate data from all fields option, and then click OK . A new record appears with all data duplicated except the Contact name, E-mail address and Messenger ID .
Enter a name, e-mail address (if desired) and messenger ID for your contact.
Click the Lookup menu, and then click My Record . The My Record reappears with the incorrect information.
Replace the incorrect information on the My Record with your accurate information.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: How do you "My Record" with a completely new contact?

[ Edited ]

Have you considered deleting the history in the history List. You can select type of history or date etc then highlight, right click and select delete in bulk.