Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I stop Quick Attach in Outlook?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

How do I stop Quick Attach in Outlook?

I'm new here, my first post. I have a small office with 8 ACT licenses. We all use Outlook and ACT. We have customized our version somewhat. Instead of ContactID being a name, we have it as a streetname followed by street number as we do real estate and we need to sort and organize by property. The problem is e-mails from our 8 person staff are ending up in the contact histories. I'm not sure if it is a Quick Attach problem. I was trying to figure out how to turn off Quick Attach but I don't even know if that is the problem. I just want to stop the emails from auto-populating the histories. I want my staff to only attach important emails. Any help appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How do I stop Quick Attach in Outlook?

Quick Attach is not your issue. Just set the default in the Outlook setup wizard to None (step 5 of 8 on ver 12) on each users station and they will have to change it in the New E-mail window whenever they do want it saved.

Bob Kennedy
ACC
Kenbar Solutions CT,CA & FL

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How do I stop Quick Attach in Outlook?

Quick Attach is not your issue. Just set the default in the Outlook setup wizard to None (step 5 of 8 on ver 12) on each users station and they will have to change it in the New E-mail window whenever they do want it saved.

Bob Kennedy
ACC
Kenbar Solutions CT,CA & FL