Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I set the Record Manager field to Generate History when the Record Manager field is changed?

How do I set the Record Manager field to Generate History when the Record Manager field is changed?

Hi folks,

How can I set the Contact "Record Manager" field to Generate History when the "Record Manager" field is changed?

For ordinary fields, the Generate History option appears in the Define Fields set-up.  But the Record Manager field doesn't even appear in the list of contact fields, even though the Record Manager field does appear on the contact layout.  So is there some way to access the Record Manager field and modify its actions via Define Fields? 

Or is there another way to force any change made to the "Record Manager" field to Generate History?

Thanks in advance!

Tuned Listener

Re: How do I set the Record Manager field to Generate History when the Record Manager field is changed?

Look for the "Manager" field in the drop-down.  The front-end field name does not match the Record Manager name on the display.

Thanks

Craig

Re: How do I set the Record Manager field to Generate History when the Record Manager field is changed?

Thanks for your response, Craig. 

Unfortunately, neither "Manager" nor "Record Manager" appears in the list of fields when I go to Tools/Define Fields/Edit (which is the only place I know of that allows you to edit ordinary fields and add the "Generate History" function to a field.)

Have you found another pathway that allows you to add the "Generate History" function to a field, particularly the "Record Manger" field?

I'd sure like to be able to do that!

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello nniemeyer,
This is already the case in ACT!. If you change the RM field for a contact, it will record this change in the contact's History. If you are using ACT! 2011, make sure the Type and Date filters under the History tab are not excluding this type of record.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for that info, Greig.

I tried unsuccessfully to get RM changes recorded in History in a long-past version of ACT, and it never occurred to me to check if it was now automatically recorded.  And it is!