Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I see who I haven't sent a letter to yet?

How do I see who I haven't sent a letter to yet?

[ Edited ]

I am running Act Premium V 15.1.

I am more interested in getting the information I need than how I get it.

I have a group of contacts and I need to generate some sort of listing of who I sent a specific letter to and who I haven't sent one to yet.

I see there being two possible ways to get this, but I am just not familiar enough with Act yet:

- Create a report that somehow shows that entire group and tells me whether or not they have that specific history entry

- Create a kind of reverse keyword lookup in the group.  That way I would be searching the specific contact group and generate a result for anyone who doesn't have that specific entry.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could get to the data that I am after?  Thank you for your help.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: How do I see who I haven't sent a letter to yet?

Hi,

you could make a lookup via Keyword for all contacts that contain the keyword. then you add the search into a group.

then you need to install a tool like group-it, and then you can make a lookup for all members that are in the group (that should have recived the letter) and exclude all contacts that are in the group that has the keyword. this will then result in a group , and you can use this group to print / send the letter

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Silver Contributor

Re: How do I see who I haven't sent a letter to yet?

this would be available in a fairly simple Crystal Report.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider