Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I save Email subject, body, and attachments without creating a .tmp folder

How do I save Email subject, body, and attachments without creating a .tmp folder

Act pro v16:

I need to be able to attach emails from outlook 2013 with the body of the message in the history record, and any attachments in the "attachment" line.  If i set the preference to attach full subject,body, and attachments the history record only displays the subject under regarding and then saves the body and attachments in a .tmp folder.  I'd like it to display the body of the message so i can preview emails before opening them, I can do this when i set the preference to the (recommended) subject and body, but then i'd have to go to outlook, attach to act contact, then save the attachment to a separate folder, then go into that history record in act and click attach file, lookup the saved attached file......you get my frustration. The only other workaround ive found is to save email and attachments with the .tmp link.  I then click on that link and highlight, copy, and paste the body of the message in the details section of the history record.  This too seems like too much work for a product we spent hundreds of dollars on to streamline these things.  If anyone has any advice or a setting that im just not seeing, please let me know.

Re: How do I save Email subject, body, and attachments without creating a .tmp folder

I can certainly understand the frustration behind that. The history recording is functioning as designed. It will attach an entire copy of the message file when you choose to record the Subject, Message, and all attachments and only display the subject. There is no setting to change this within Act!. Although I haven't heard of an add-on that would allow this to operate the way that you're describing, it's possible that there may be one. 

It might be worth it to share your idea over at http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas . This will allow other users to view your idea, upvote it, and on top of that our Development team looks at those suggestions. 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com