Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I make a new users list of contacts visible dynamic?

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

How do I make a new users list of contacts visible dynamic?

Hi,

I just bought a second user for ACT premium 2012 to try and do the following: I want my administrator/orginal license to have access to all 8,000 records and I want my new license to only have access to any contact where the field "client type" equals "current client" or the last edit date was less than 90 days ago, about a 1,000 contacts.

I can easily set it up to do this, but how do I make it automatically update who the new user can see? ie if a contact becomes a "current client" I want this person to be automatically visible to the new user, but not visible to them prior to this.

I have set up dynamic group lists for this, is there a way that the new user can only see certain groups? Or another way to do what I want?

Thanks,

Scott

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: How do I make a new users list of contacts visible dynamic?

There isn't a function within the Sage ACT! program to make contacts Private/Public based on dynamic criteria or membership in a Group/Company.
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor
Skilled Commentator

Thanks Mike,

I can already change the access of contacts in bulk.  Doing a replace field to make contacts public or private does what I need it to as the record manager is administrator for every contact

Can ACT make this list dynamic though?  So who is public and who is private automatically changes based on what group they belong to?

Ideally if ACT can do it but if need be I'll get an add on (the add you mention wasn't clear as to if it does this).

Thanks,

Scott

Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

There isn't a function within the Sage ACT! program to make contacts Private/Public based on dynamic criteria or membership in a Group/Company.
Greg Martin
Sage
Skilled Commentator

Ok thanks Greg.  I also use SAM by Northwoods so I'll hopefully be able to automate it through that.